Location

GPS Coordinates: 2.204255, 102.250079

The hotel is located 130km from Kuala Lumpur and 200km from Singapore. Malacca is accessible by bus, coach or car with Malacca’s Central Bus Station located 4km and minutes away from the hotel.

Places of Interest

Jonker Street

Jonker Street, or Jalan Hang Jebat is it commonly known, is a street in historical Chinatown of Melaka starting just across the river from the Dutch Square. During the Dutch Malacca, servants and subordinates of Dutch colonialists used to live at the nearby Heeren Street. However, as the Dutch left, it became noblemen's street. Rich Peranakans started to live and did business within the street area, giving the street a deep-rooted ethnic and cultural flavour. Today, the street houses many shops selling antiques, textiles, handicrafts and souvenirs. On the weekends, starting Friday night at 6pm, the road is closed off for traffic and turns in a very crowded night market.

Cheng Hoon Teng Temple

The Cheng Hoon Teng Temple (also called as the Temple of Green Cloud) is a Chinese temple practicing the Three Doctrinal Systems of Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism located at Jalan Tokong, Malacca City. It is the oldest functioning temple in the country. Cheng Hoon Teng is a premier historical monument that has survived the ravages of time. It remains the finest of Chinese temples in Malaysia – a fact underscored by an UNESCO award for outstanding architectural restoration. The temple ranks among the most significant in Southeast Asia, being central to the spiritual aspirations of the Chinese community in historic Malacca.

Kling Mosque

Kampung Kling is located on Jalan Tukang Emas, what was called Harmony Street. This mosque is 150 years old and has a unique 3-tiered pyramidal roof and 6-tiered Chinese pagoda like minaret. You can walk inside of the little garden and see the inside of the mosque. This temple is located right beside a Chinese temple and an Indian temple. It is around the vicinity of Jonker Walk.

St. Paul's Church

St. Paul's Church is a historic church building in Malacca City, Malaysia that was originally built in 1521, making it the oldest church building in Malaysia and Southeast Asia. It is located at the summit of St. Paul's Hill and is today part of the Malacca Museum Complex comprising the A Famosa ruins, the Stadthuys and other historical buildings. Though it has been in ruins for more than 150 years, it is a beautiful, breezy sanctuary (reached after a steep flight of stairs) set near the remains of A’ Famosa fort.

Christ Church - The Stadthuys

The Stadthuys (an old Dutch spelling, meaning city hall) is a historical structure situated in the heart of Malacca City, the administrative capital of the state of Malacca, Malaysia in a place known as the Red Square. The Stadhuys is known for its red exterior and nearby red clocktower. Built between 1641 and 1660 on the ruins of a Portuguese fort, The Stadthuys of Malacca was the focus point of several successive governments (Dutch, Portuguese, British etc.) for over 300 years, from its completion until 1980.

Democratic Museum

The Democratic Government Museum is a museum in St. Paul's Hill, Melaka City. The museum building used to house the Melaka State Legislative Assembly in which its foundation stone was laid on 13 August 1961. It was then moved to Ayer Keroh as its present location since February 2000.

Museum of Literature

This building designed in British architectural styles is transformed into the Museum of Literature and officiated in 1984 by the then Chief Minister of Melaka, YAB Datuk Seri Mohd Zin Ab. Ghani. The history of literature and creation of its work beginning from the early era of writing, folklore, the distinguished writes from Melaka, the development of modern Malay literature, in addition to the various original collections of hand-written manuscripts, as well as the literary works of local writers, becomes the main focus of the museum.

Cultural Museum

Cheng Ho’s Cultural Museum is a gallery housing exhibits about Chinese Ming Dynasty admiral, Cheng Ho (Zheng He). In a warehouse to the north of the Melaka River, the gallery has exhibits on the admiral’s life. Cheng Ho Culture Museum is believed to be a restructured ancient building with Ming architecture, with two to three hundred years of history. The famous Cheng Ho is the Ming Dynasty Admiral who has visited Malacca many times while en route to the Western Ocean from 1405-1433. It is believed that he has set up a huge warehouse complex along the northern side of Malacca River.

Maritime Museum

Melaka Maritime Museum is a replica of the Flor de la Mar, a Portuguese ship said to have been carrying loot plundered from Malacca when it sank off the coast of Malacca on its way back to Portugal. Opened to the public in 1994, this unique museum is an enlightening trip back into Malacca’s past. The replica is a staggering 34 meters in height and 8 meters in width. The main focus of the museum is the maritime history of Malacca and the golden ages of Malacca’s Sultanate as the Emporium of the East.

Menara Taming Sari

Melaka Menara Taming Sari (Taming Sari Tower) officially opened for business on the 18th of April 2008, Menara Taming Sari is the first and only gyro tower in Malaysia so far. Measuring 110 metres in height, its revolving structure offers a 360-degree panoramic view of Malacca town and beyond. Located in the popular district of Bandar Hilir on Jalan Merdeka, only 3 minutes’ walk from Mahkota Parade Shopping Complex and Dataran Pahlawan Megamall. Price for Mykad Holder is RM10 and foreigner is RM18 per person.

A Famosa -Porta De Santiago

The St Paul's Church is the church ruins that sit on the top of the St Paul's Hill. The hill was originally named as Malacca Hill. It was then changed to Monti Ali Maria or Mary's Hill after the Portuguese took over the hill. The St Paul's Church was originally a chapel and was known to the Portuguese in Malacca as the Chapel of Mother of God (Madre de Deus) or Our Lady of the Hill (Nossa Senhora do Oiteiro).

Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum

The Baba & Nyonya Heritage Museum is located in Melaka, a World UNESCO Site. The house is a combination of three terrace lots that were acquired by the Chan family in 1861. Four generations lived in the house before it was opened as a museum in March 1985. The name of the museum is derived from the term Baba, an honorific manner of addressing a Straits-born gentleman and Nyonya which addresses a Straits-born lady. Entrance Fee Prices - Adults: RM16; Children (5-12 years old): RM11

Proclamation of Independence Memorial

Malacca Proclamation of Independence Memorial displays records and photographs on the early history of the Malay Sultanate. It's divided into several sections, the memorial also houses an extensive timeline covering the country’s journey to independence and the development of modern Malaysia.

Book Now